COME WORK FOR US
Superior Blue believes our elected officials should look like the communities they represent. We’re committed to electing women, people of color and people from historically-marginalized communities to every level of government.
We believe that the best way to deliver an authentic message to voters about any candidate is to invite diverse perspectives and members of these communities to be part of our process.
That’s why our team is made up of some of the most diverse creative, organizational, and strategic talent from all kinds of places, backgrounds and experiences. And we’re united for one goal: Progress that changes people’s lives for the better.
Ready to come be a part of our team? Drop us a line in the form below. Even if you don’t meet every criteria, we love meeting new people.
Job Type: June 2020 – November 2020
Locations: Washington, DC
Superior Blue, a progressive mail, targeting and voter contact firm based in Washington, DC, Duluth, MN and Austin, TX, is seeking Account Executives to join our growing team of professionals who provide direct mail and targeting services to a diverse slate of progressive clients across the country.
Our Account Executives work closely with senior staff, partners and the Production Team to help create and deliver timely, accurate and creative mail programs for our clients. You’ll help translate polling and on-the-ground insight into compelling direct mail, working hands-on with our client and creative teams to make it happen.
The ideal candidate for this position will be strongly self-motivated, highly organized, have terrific attention to detail, be good at setting and re-setting priorities, and able to work well in a fast-paced, occasionally chaotic team environment. At least one cycle of campaign staff experience is essential, as are good interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude and an understanding that we do what it takes to hit our goals for our clients, every time. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
Sound like the job for you? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us a little about yourself: include a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references, and what you want to be when you grow up. Please put the words Account Executive in the subject line.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- At least one cycle of campaign staff experience
- Proficiency with Google, Microsoft or Mac spreadsheet and document programs
- Experience with VAN and other voter databases to create targets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including responsiveness
- Very high attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, including prioritizing and reprioritizing in a world of shifting deadlines and timelines
- Ability to handle changing demands and deadline pressures without losing your cool
- Professionalism with customer service skills
- A team player who can find a way to get along with just about anybody
Even if you don’t match every requirement, apply anyway – we love meeting new folks and finding ways to get people involved. Candidates are asked to provide their own computers. Candidates will work full-time on a payroll basis, including full health care coverage. Successful candidates will be based ideally in our Washington DC offices, but also potentially remotely depending on public health measures taken during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Superior Blue is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff of all kinds. We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus opportunities and more. Applicants of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Due to the high volume of responses, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Type: Full-time Contract through Mid-November
Superior Blue Strategies, a progressive mail and digital voter contact firm based in Washington, DC, Duluth, MN and Austin, TX is seeking a Production Assistant to join our growing team of professionals who provide direct mail, targeting and digital services to a diverse slate of progressive clients across the country.
Our Production Assistant works closely with production staff, senior staff, partners and the Deliverables Team to help create and deliver timely, accurate and creative mail programs for our clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing production timelines with our printing and mail-shop partners, with an eye towards efficient printing programs
- Working with partners to manage the internal design program, including scheduling artists and proofreaders, managing workloads, prioritizing and re-prioritizing jobs as necessary, and more
- Ensuring mail shops provide all requisite documentation for us to turn over to clients in a timely fashion
- Helping implement a workflow system that allows us to manage timelines
- Helping us implement a stock photo tracking system to ensure licensure compliance
- Occasional art/design/prepress work as necessary
- Communicating with USPS on a regular basis to ensure timely delivery of mail pieces
- A good sense of humor
- Other duties as specified
The ideal candidate for this position will be strongly self-motivated, highly organized, have terrific attention to detail, be good at setting and re-setting priorities, and able to work well in a fast-paced, occasionally chaotic team environment. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required, an interest in progressive political change is essential, as are good interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude and an understanding that we do what it takes to hit our goals for our clients, every time.
With COVID-19 restrictions in place, we will be working remotely.
Superior Blue Strategies is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff of all kinds. We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus opportunities and more.
Individuals from historically-marginalized communities or groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Superior Blue is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly cultivates a diverse workplace and invests in its staff and their futures.